Visiting Hours, Guidelines, Accommodations
Below is information that will help you when visiting a patient at Northwest Texas Healthcare System. Please be aware that we are a tobacco-free campus, and there is no smoking on hospital grounds.
The following is in effect until further notice:
- The hospital's main entrance is open from 5:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Visitors should not enter the hospital if they:
- Have been in contact within the last 10 days with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19
- Have had a cough or flu-like symptoms, including sore throat, headache, muscle aches, nausea, diarrhea, or abdominal pain, or loss of taste or smell in the last 24 hours
- Felt feverish or experienced chills in the last 48 hours
- Had a fever of 100°F or greater in the last 48 hours
- It is recommended that all patients and visitors use hand sanitizer upon entering the facility, as well as when entering and exiting a patient room.
- Masks are available for visitors who choose to mask while at the hospital.
Thank you for your cooperation and for being an advocate for the health and care of your loved ones and all hospitalized patients.
Any personal information about a patient's diagnosis and treatment must come from the patient's physician, and this information is only available to members of the immediate family who the patient has designated to receive it. Patients may also choose not to have any information released.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients, as some patients are on restricted diets. On the Intensive Care Unit, please check with a nurse in the unit before taking any gift to a patient room.
Parking and RV Parking
Parking for patients and visitors is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week near the hospital entrance. Golf cart transportation from the parking area to the main entrance is available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. There are RV parks near the hospital. Please call the Security office for locations or other questions about parking at 806-354-1176.
There are specially designated lounge areas for visitors on each patient floor and on the main floor in the lobby. Specific waiting areas have been designated for families of patients in the critical care units, the emergency department and surgery. A volunteer is on duty in the surgery waiting room during certain hours to keep family members informed about the progress of surgery.
The Gift Shop is open the following hours:
- Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The shop has gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, snacks, balloons, toiletries, flowers, novelties and clothing. The Gift Shop phone number is 806-354-1723.
Area Accommodations and Discounts
Many nearby hotels offer discounts for families of patients at Northwest Texas Healthcare System. Be sure to ask if they offer special rates when you call to make a reservation.
Ronald McDonald House
Ronald McDonald House is located at 1501 Streit Street and is available to families of patients under age 18 who live 50 miles or more outside of Amarillo. Please call 806-358-8177 for more information.