Higher Level of Care for Expectant Mothers
As a Level III Maternal Designation facility, the Childbirth Center at Northwest Texas Healthcare System has a highly skilled staff that includes a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, neonatologists, certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), neonatal nurses and high-risk OB nurses. Your medical team is prepared for normal to high-risk births. You can trust you will enjoy your experience in an environment that is comforting, private and ready for you and your support person.
'We Truly Did Have the Best Experience'
Designated a 2020 Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care
Blue Distinction Centers are nationally designated hospitals that demonstrate expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
What We Offer
- Level III Maternal Designation facility providing specialized care for high-risk deliveries
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialist, neonatologists, 24-hour OB certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), high-risk OB trained nurses and neonatal nurses available 24/7
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Newborn nursery
- Board-certified lactation consultants with 24-hour breastfeeding hotline: 888-691-6667
We offer a variety of childbirth classes, including:
- Childbirth education classes — Learn more and sign up for a class →
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes — Learn more and sign up for a class →
Texas Ten Step Program Facility
Northwest Texas Healthcare System continues its emphasis on improving the health of newborns and infants by renewing its designation in 2020 as a Texas Ten Step Program facility from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Childbirth Center
We believe that a family-centered approach to childbirth can help promote the healthy growth and development of the entire family. We support your family-centered birth experience with comprehensive childbirth classes.
Specialized Couplet Care
As part of family-centered care, we support couplet care, in which mother and baby stay together from birth to hospital discharge. Couplet care helps promote family bonding and supports successful breastfeeding. In couplet care, mother and the newborn baby stay in the same room, which creates an environment that includes:
- Communication and collaboration among members of the healthcare team
- A staff that is better positioned to teach mother and family how to care for their newborn
- Improved breastfeeding success and bonding due to infant rooming-in with mother and family
After the baby's birth, his/her admission exam is conducted at the mother's bedside. Other benefits of couplet care include:
- The baby isn’t moved between mother’s room and nursery
- Each morning until discharge, a nurse and mother plan an individual daily schedule
- Nurses help educate the mother while the baby is in the room
- Routine care for the baby, such as weighing, physical exams and temperature taking, take place in the mother's room
- Mothers who breastfeed receive additional benefits in couplet care, as uninterrupted feeding schedules are important in establishing milk supply
A Pregnancy App for Anytime, Anywhere Education
Now you can learn about childbirth, newborn care and much more — from the convenience of any device. The Childbirth Center offers valuable resources and parent education powered by YoMingo. It includes the tools and support you need for every stage of your journey and beyond.