Higher Level of Care for Expectant Mothers
As a Level III Maternal Designation facility, the Childbirth Center at Northwest Texas Healthcare System is equipped to offer the highest quality maternity services.
The highly skilled staff includes a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, neonatologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs). The nursing staff includes neonatal nurses and high-risk OB nurses. Your medical team is prepared for normal to high-risk births. You can trust you will enjoy your experience in a comforting, private and supportive environment.
Find a Physician
To find a doctor affiliated with Northwest Texas Healthcare System, contact our free physician referral service at 800-887-1114 or search for a physician online.
Honors and Designations
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – Texas: Outstanding Maternal Quality Award
This award is given for maternal health achievements of which NWTHS was cited for 100% compliance.
Designated a 2020 Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care
Blue Distinction Centers+ are nationally designated hospitals that demonstrate expertise in delivering improved patient safety and better health outcomes.
Texas Ten Step Program Facility
Northwest Texas Healthcare System continues its emphasis on improving the health of newborns and infants by renewing its designation in 2020 as a Texas Ten Step Program facility from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
What We Offer
- Level III Maternal Designation facility providing specialized care for high-risk deliveries
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialist, neonatologists, 24-hour OB certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), high-risk OB trained nurses and neonatal nurses available 24/7
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Newborn nursery
- Board-certified lactation consultants with 24-hour breastfeeding hotline: 888-691-6667
We believe that a family-centered approach to childbirth can help promote the healthy growth and development of the entire family. We support your family-centered birth experience with comprehensive childbirth classes.
Specialized Couplet Care
As part of family-centered care, we support couplet care. Couplet care means the mother and baby stay together from birth to hospital discharge. Couplet care helps promote family bonding and supports successful breastfeeding. In couplet care, the mother and the newborn baby stay in the same room, which creates an environment that includes:
- Communication and collaboration among members of the healthcare team
- A staff that is better positioned to teach mother and family how to care for their newborn
- Improved breastfeeding success and bonding due to infant rooming-in with mother and family
After the baby's birth, his/her admission exam is conducted at the mother's bedside. Other benefits of couplet care include:
- The baby isn’t moved between the mother’s room and nursery
- Each morning until discharge, a nurse and mother plan an individual daily schedule
- Nurses help educate the mother while the baby is in the room
- Routine care for the baby, such as weighing, physical exams and temperature taking, take place in the mother's room
- Mothers who breastfeed receive additional benefits in couplet care, as uninterrupted feeding schedules are important in establishing milk supply
"I'm very glad we chose Northwest and I would do it all over again."
Resources and Education
We offer a variety of childbirth classes, including:
- Childbirth education classes — Learn more and sign up for a class →
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes — Learn more and sign up for a class →
Gestational Diabetes Support Group
If you have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, this class will help you manage diabetes during and after your pregnancy. Gestational Diabetes is a common problem that can occur during pregnancy. The good news is that there are many tools that can help keep you and your baby healthy during pregnancy.
Epidural: Answers to Common Questions
Learn more about epidurals for pain management during labor and delivery from our Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists, available 24/7.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Childbirth Center