Advanced Level III Trauma Facility
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is the leading trauma center within the Texas Panhandle. Our trauma program includes:
- A trauma team that responds to the critically injured trauma patient upon arrival at Northwest Texas Healthcare System.
- Emergency medicine physicians present in the Emergency Department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- RNs specially trained in trauma care in the ED, ICU, OR, PICU and medical-surgical areas.
- A communications system that provides for pre-arrival notification of the trauma team for the trauma patient.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of the quality of care delivered to the trauma patient from the point of injury through rehab.
- Injury prevention and community awareness activities.
- Ongoing trauma education for physicians, nurses and pre-hospital personnel throughout the service area.
- Collaboration with other facilities and EMS agencies throughout the region to triage injured patients to the most appropriate facility.