Advanced Level III Trauma Facility
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is the leading trauma center within the Texas Panhandle. Our trauma program includes:
- A trauma team that responds to the critically injured trauma patient upon arrival at Northwest Texas Healthcare System.
- Emergency medicine physicians present in the Emergency Department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- RNs specially trained in trauma care in the ED, ICU, OR, PICU and medical-surgical areas.
- A communications system that provides for pre-arrival notification of the trauma team for the trauma patient.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of the quality of care delivered to the trauma patient from the point of injury through rehab.
- Injury prevention and community awareness activities.
- Ongoing trauma education for physicians, nurses and pre-hospital personnel throughout the service area.
- Collaboration with other facilities and EMS agencies throughout the region to triage injured patients to the most appropriate facility.
Determine Your Risk of Falling
Take a quiz to determine your risk of falling. When you know your risk, you can take steps to improve or alleviate the factors that could cause you to fall and injure yourself.