Emergency Care in Amarillo
Northwest Emergency at Town Square, a Service of Northwest Texas Healthcare System, is a satellite emergency room open 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. It is staffed with the same personnel and equipment available in Northwest Texas Healthcare's hospital-based emergency room.
Northwest Emergency at Town Square includes:
- 14 private treatment rooms
- Diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Digital X-ray
- 24-hour lab services
- Cardiopulmonary monitoring
- Respiratory treatments
- Intravenous medications and fluids
Special Area For Kids
We have a dedicated pediatric waiting area and patient rooms. A separate area for children means that children can feel more comfortable if they need a trip to the emergency room.
Antibody testing is now available at Northwest Emergency at Town Square. The COVID-19 antibody test (also called serology test) looks for antibodies in your blood. Blood will be taken and tested for two antibodies to the virus that causes COVID-19:
- IgM Antibodies – These are antibodies that develop early in an infection.
- IgG Antibodies – These are antibodies that are more likely to show up after you have recovered.
Location: Northwest Emergency at Town Square, 8960 Hillside Road, Amarillo, TX
Cost: $120, cash only. Insurance will not be billed.
Do I need a doctor's orders? No, doctor's orders are not needed for the antibody test.
How long will it take to receive my results? You will receive your results in 30 minutes. You must stay at the facility until your results have been given to you.